Monday, May 12, 2008

Buddha's Birthday in Insadong


The colors of this Monday were something to feel dull beneath. I went with friends, Kristin and Shannon, to wander amongst the celebration. We walked the streets and temple in Insadong, Seoul trying to find something like a traditional dancing, but we swam in color instead.

The lanterns are placed to create the shape of a lotus flower; if one were to fly in an airplane or helicopter they might see this. I simply stole a glimpse of a pamplet instead.

Paper dragons protect temple ceilings. The more that I looked at the temple tile-work, the more I considered covering my question mark tattoo with a traditional flower design.

My thoughts eventually got lost in the crowds. Insadong was filled with people celebrating, and seeming at peace on their day off.

Overall we three Americans felt pretty good about being amongst the color and the colorful.

No comments: